1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Christ Died For Us


 Do you realize what Jesus Christ actually went through for you? For you? With everything I've done, and everything I'm doing, and everything I'm ever going to do? FOR ME?

Just think about Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Being reminded about this incredible concept these past two weeks while, again, working at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp, has been a tremendous blessing. Remembering that the Gospel Story is so simple that even a child can comprehend it is amazing! I remember putting my name into that verse, as I did as a child - But God demonstrates His own love toward me, in that while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me.

How humbling that is?! To know that I am a sinner, there was and is nothing I could or can ever do to reach God. But GOD loved me.

I was dead in my trespasses and sins (Romans 5:12-21 and Romans 6). A dead person can NEVER do anything! We can't come to God! God has to come to us - and He did! All we have to do is accept His free gift of His Son.

GOD loves me. And He loves you too.

If you don't know, for sure, that you have accepted God's free gift - contact me at mnook21@gmail.com

~Makayla


No comments:

Post a Comment