1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Friday, May 17, 2013

I Can't Wait Any Longer!


Tonight I had a Bible study with a group of friends - lots of fun! We talked about many interesting subjects, but one really hit me: waiting for my future husband.

Like any good "Christian girl", I've made a list of standards for any guy I would ever consider dating, but lately... I've been straying away from those commitments I've made to myself. Don't get me wrong - I'm not dating anyone, but should I settle for even liking a guy that's not "perfectly messed up" just the way I like, want, and need him to be? 

I think not.

I know God has the right guy out there for me, but ... maybe I want him now? Maybe I don't want to wait? I know it's all in His timing, sometimes I just wish He would hurry up. We can try and make all our own plans, but GOD is the one who makes things happen - in His own timing and will.

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's mind plans his way, but The Lord directs his steps and makes them sure. 

Right now, is not the time for a relationship for me - I get it. But that doesn't necessarily mean that God doesn't have something planned for my future though!

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

His purpose - not mine - HIS. Why should the clay tell the potter how to craft himself? Why should we tell God how to craft our lives? 

Let me clear something up real fast here: The point of God is not to 'love and praise' Him in return for what we want; loving, praising, and diligently seeking God should be our focus, and all the gifts and rewards He gives us should only make us love, thank, and seek Him more.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

Maybe God is teaching my future husband a lesson in diligently seeking Him just like He's teaching me? How rude and inconsiderate would that be if I interrupted God teaching His lesson? Learning to wait on God to mold his son into the man he is supposed to be is going to be a challenge, but God knows what He's doing.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.

God knows I'm not ready right now. God knows my future husband isn't ready right now. Someday we will be, and then God's gonna throw a party. ;) Just you watch.

~Makayla

No comments:

Post a Comment