1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God or Man



What is the purpose of living? To live and laugh and love? To be happy and healthy? To get married, have babies, and retire?


Umm. No.

I've gotten to the point where I am just too darn tired of trying everyday, all day, to be everyone's "favorite". I get my life going in this little circle, and when I think I'm finally gettin' somewhere... PSYCH. I'm back where I started. Thanks a lot God.


Hold the phone! Just wait a minute!

Point: Who ever said that we had to "please people"?! 


Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

We can't serve more than one thing, We try! Don't get me wrong there. We definitely try! But just like this verse says, "Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God?" - notice the little word, "or". It didn't say "and", it said "or", like "either/or". Not both! No one can serve two masters; this is a choice we all have to make - God or Man.

1 Thessalonians 2:4
On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.

I've finally figured out the answer: try to please God - not people. But honestly? When was the last time I ever did anything that I wasn't told why?... Uh, never? 


Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


Point: I live for God, and live to please God, because HE GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment