1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jealousy - a terrible feeling



Being the oldest child, with two little brothers, I certainly know what jealousy is. They get everything - and when I say everything, I mean everything. It's like, I ask for something, my parents say no, my brother asks for the same thing, my parents say yes. << what the heck?!

I know jealousy and envy is wrong... But honestly? Yeah, I envy the attention and "yeses" my brothers get! 

Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I guess I have some qualities to work on... "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control". 

Dear Jesus, please help me to put away my old self and put on you for all to see everyday. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment